Date:      Sun, 4 Dec 2005 00:59:14 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB Devices not appearing in /dev

Hi,

I'm running 6.0-STABLE, and I'm encountering some difficulties with
USB devices not appearing in /dev. When I plug in a USB Bluetooth
dongle, the console responds with:

ubt0: SiW SiW, rev 1.10/15.00, addr 2
ubt0: Interface 0 endpoints: interrupt=0x81, bulk-in=0x82, bulk-out=0x2
ubt0: Interface 1 (alt.config 5) endpoints: isoc-in=0x83, isoc-out=0x3; wMaxPacketSize=49; nframes=6, buffer size=294

However, if I look in /dev, I only see the generic usb[0-3] devices.
When I used to run 5.4-STABLE, the device entries did appear in /dev.
I have a similar problem with Palm devices and ucom0 not appearing.

What am I missing?
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
                                      Opportunities are seldom labeled