Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:22:24 +0300
From:      "fidaj  " <fidaj@ukr.net>
To:        "Rainer Hurling" <rhurlin@gwdg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bge0 does not work anymore

          I am using FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT (amd64) on a DELL Latitude D630. With
     todays kernel the driver 'bge0' does not work anymore. With kernel from
     October 9th it does.

     The network controller is a Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, ASIC
     rev. 0x00a002; CHIP ID 0x0000a0002; ASIC REV 0x0a; CHIP REV 0xa0; PCI-E.

     The entry in /etc/rc.conf is 'ifconfig_bge0="DHCP".

     Does anyone else observe this behaviour? Is there something I can try?

     Thanks in advance,
     Rainer Hurling

   Hi!

   I have the same problem.

   I have a good last update r213782M

   > after upgrading to r213927M - as a result - bge0 is not working ...

   bge0@pci0:9:0:0: class=0x020000 card=0x02271028 chip=0x171314e4
   rev=0x02 hdr=0x00

   > vendor = 'Broadcom Corporation'
   device = 'Broadcom NetLink (TM) Fast Ethernet (BCM5906m)'
   class = network
   subclass = ethernet

   does not change the status of the connection even after the manual
   input of commands

   ifconfig bge0 down

   ifconfig bge0 up

   Thanks!