Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 19:57:15 +0300
From:      Nimrod Mesika <nimrodm@bezeqint.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Screen Blanking 10min

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 09:45:53AM -0700, Sean-Paul Rees wrote:
> Have XFree 3.3.6 going great, however, every 10 minutes of "idle" (like, when
> I'm watching TV fullscreen) the screen blanks. That is really irritating,
> especially when watching TV.
>
> Is there a way to stop the screen blanking?

Well, my /etc/X11/XF86Config file has this line somewhere:

    Option      "blank time"    "10"    # 10 minutes

man XF86Config to get some info about this.  Of course you can also
use 'xset' to change that value at runtime.  Just run 'xset' to get
a list of its parameters.

--
Nimrod.
http://www.geocities.com/rodd_27