Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:47:35 +0100
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        info@rdfund.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: port not maintained properly

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 07:54:22AM +0000, info@rdfund.com wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am writing you regarding the resin-3.1.5_1 port to freebsd. The
> official maintainer boris@tagnet.ru did not release any updates
> regardless of numerous mailings both from me and from the owners of the
> Caucho Resin project. The last port is for version 3.1.5, however since
> then there was one minor and one major update resin 3.1.6 and 3.2.0. (see
> www.caucho.com)
>
> Could you please take the necessary measures so that the resin port is
> properly maintained?

If you're using it, you could update it to latest version and senda  PR
about it. If the maintainer times out (after 2 weeks, usually) it will
be committed.

You should really just try, it's not hard to update an existing port(nor
to create a new opne, except for very elaborated pieces of software.)

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>