Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:52:41 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Kerry Davis <kedavis@uswest.net>
Cc:        "Smith, Malcolm" <Malcolm.Smith@nrc.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world crashing repeatedly

Kerry Davis wrote:

> the odd thing, though, is that any other OS I try - including NT - works
> fine.

Making the OS and then running it is different. If you are getting
1-bit errors running NT, you may never notice it unless you see a BSOD
or the usual memory related exception error. When you are building the
system, 1-bit errors will sooner or later kill the job.

Kent

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com