Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 2003 22:52:02 +0100 (CET)
From:      Tomas Pluskal <plusik@pohoda.cz>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU>, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, <freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: seeking help to rewrite the msdos filesystem

Thank you all for your comments.
I would like to state here, that I have no experience with
filesystem development at all (well, now I have a bit :)
You told me to look at the cd9660 code, so I did my best to do it like
it's in cd9660... I only partially understand what the code really does.

By the way, is there any documentation for these things anywhere ? I mean
it is quite hard to understand what pcbmap(), bread(), cluster_read() etc.
and their parameters really mean, just by reading the code...

If I understand it right, when I assume the file is not fragmented, it is
just a performance issue - it would make the FS slow on fragmented files,
but should not break anything. Is this correct?

If any of you could suggest a better solution (in a way that I could
understand it :), I can work on it.

Tomas