Date:      Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:27:05 +1000
From:      other@ahhyes.net
To:        <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cannot create new partition - Floating exception (core dumped)

Hi Guys,

I have a Xen HVM VPS and am running a Xen HVM kernel.

vps# uname -a
FreeBSD vps.mydomain.net 9.0-BETA3 FreeBSD 9.0-BETA3 #0: Mon Sep 26
08:20:20 EST 2011     alex@vps.mydomain.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/custom
amd64

Everytime I try to use sysinstall to create a new partition, it crashes
with a "Floating exception (core dumped)"

I seem to recall this issue was evident in 8.x as well.

I found this article that explains the problem briefly:

http://deadmemes.net/2011/03/05/freebsd-8-2-hvmxen4-update/

Is there a proper solution??

vps# mount
/dev/ad0s1a on / (ufs, local)
/dev/ad0s1e on /tmp (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s1f on /usr (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s1d on /var (ufs, local, soft-updates)

What I would be creating is an ad0s2a partition as there is unallocated
space left on the drive.

Any suggestions on how to go about creating the extra partition without
screwing up my install?

Cheers,
Alex.