Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 18:37:08 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Benjamin Krajmalnik <kraj@illumen.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Updating 3.0-Release to -STABLE

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Benjamin Krajmalnik wrote:

>What is the best way to update my system from -Release to -STABLE?
>Once I have the source files, what do I need to do - make world?
>TIA.

Yes, make world will do it. There is more. You need a bootstrap that will
load an elf kernel. You need to read /usr/src/UPDATING and take a poke
through the /usr/src/Makefiles. You need to update your devices buy
/dev/MAKEDEV. You need a new kernel compiled.

These are all referenced in the mailing list archives in -current and
-stable. There are some odd URLS for you to look at that will help.

Good Luck!

Catchya Later,		|	Give me UNIX or give me a typewriter.
Jason Wells		|	http://www.freebsd.org/