Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2006 14:48:12 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Marcin Cieslak <saper@SYSTEM.PL>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wiki page about the current development status of the linuxolator

Quoting Marcin Cieslak <saper@SYSTEM.PL> (Sun, 10 Sep 2006 13:36:02 +0200):

> Great idea!
>
> Now I can really understand what the state of things is, cool.
> Should we somehow differentiate between 2.4 and 2.6 state of things?

I want to differentiate. I want to
 - detect stuff which was wrong already
 - detect stuff which brakes when switching to 2.6
 - detect bugs in the new stuff

> I will try to have a look at some networking stuff (getsockopt,
> bind02 looks like the easy one).

Great. And if you or someone else have time to have a look at the
remove() one, it would give the most bang for the bucks (I wouldn't be
surprised if we have an errno problem here, which means it affects a
lot of stuff)...

I will be busy with doing the tests and updating the comments field
today. Maybe I will also start a 2.6.16 test, but this depends on how
much pitfalls (e.g. "reboot02" reboots the system unexpectedly) there
are with the still running 2.4.2 test.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
'On whose authority?' demanded Wert. Trymon turned his grey eyes on him.
'Mine. I need no other.'