Date:      Sun, 03 Oct 2010 07:27:52 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resetting Gnome environment

> Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 13:32:10 -0400
> From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
>
> On 10/1/10 1:24 PM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > I have a 4 year old system that has gone through several releases of
> > Gnome. I suspect I have some bad configuration data from old versions.
> >
> > I have removed .gconfd, .gnome2 and .local, but I still get much of my
> > configuration loaded, including all of my panels and applets and it
> > still knows all of my startup apps.
> >
> > an anyone tell me where this information is stored so that I can flush
> > it and get back to a "default" session?
>
> You forgot ~/.gnome and ~/.gconf.

Thanks, Joe. That didn't do anything about my startup programs,  but it
seems to have cleaned out whatever was causing my problems with things
like applets crashing frequently and the like.

Any clues as to the location of the startup programs? (Note, this is out
of curiosity. They are not causing any problems for me.)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)