Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 1996 21:28:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jdp@polstra.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pkg_{add,create}: Stop me before I kill again!

 * Have I run into a bug in pkg_add?  I can only think of two things about
 * my port that are unusual.  First, there are a _lot_ of files in the
 * PLIST:
 *
 *     freebie$ wc pkg/PLIST
 * 	2124    2127   85049 pkg/PLIST
 *
 * I know that used to cause a problem in pkg_create, but I committed the
 * fix for that long ago.  (And the package looks OK.)  I thought I had
 * determined that a large PLIST wouldn't be a problem for pkg_add.  Was I
 * wrong?

I had a private conversation with John about it, in indeed looks like
pkg_add's bug, similar to pkg_create's.

I don't know what we can do now, John is pretty busy with the Elfkit's
stuff, so if someone can take a look, it greatly appreciated.  You can
see the latest revision of src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/create/perform.c
for an example.

Satoshi