Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:09:18 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>, "Justin M. Seger" <jseger@jseger.scds.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printing to an Intel NetExpress 10/100 Server

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 10:33:24PM -0600, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Mar 02), Justin M. Seger said:
> > Hi.  I was wondering how to setup a printcap entry and the appropriate
> > software to print to a HP LaserJet 4000 connected to an Intel NetExpress
> > 10/100 print server via TCP/IP.
>
> You should just have to set the rm= your printer's IP, and set rp=
> either "raw" or "text", depending on whether you want \n -> \r\n
> translation or not.
>
> My printcap entries:
>
> 1st_floor_4k:\
>  :mx#0:rm=hp4000sa:rp=text:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd/1stlasersa:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:
>
> 1st_floor_4k_raw:\
>  :mx#0:rm=hp4000sa:rp=raw:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd/1stlasersaraw:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:
>
> 	-Dan Nelson
> 	dnelson@emsphone.com

Uh, he said Intel Netexpress.

What you described is correct for the internal HP Jetdirect card.

It may not be for the Intel printserver.

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net) http://www.mcs.net/~karl
I ain't even *authorized* to speak for anyone other than myself, so give
up now on trying to associate my words with any particular organization.