Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:41:19 +0100
From:      Carles =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=F3mez?= <carlesgo@mat.upc.es>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Tcpdump and a WaveLAN driver

	Dear sirs,

	I installed a WaveLAN driver for FreeBSD 3.2 (on my FreeBSD 3.2). This
driver can be downloaded from
http://www.comet.columbia.edu/cellularip/wi.htm#5. Download code.

	It seems to work properly (i.e. I can do a "ping" or an "ftp"
successfully), but the problem is that when tcpdump listens on the
WaveLAN interface (wi0), it doesn't print any line.
	On the other hand, when tcpdump listens on the "vx0" interface (a 3COM
network card), it seems to print properly the lines about the packets on
that interface.

	Do you have any idea about what could be happening?

	Many thanks,

		Carles Gómez Montenegro
		Polytechnic University of Catalonia