Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:17:46 +0200
From:      "flaggaccio@libero.it" <flaggaccio@libero.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Random net errors: any guru out there?

I've some random net problems using my FreeBSD 4.1 STABLE (i'm using
dial-up connection).

A lot of site seems to be unreachable.
I get a lot of timeout errors when i try to wget, to connect to irc
server, to use www, etcetc but:

-ping, nslookup & traceroute give me a positive response: the site is up
and running, and i'm unable to reach it

-the errors are random: in the first connection www.slashdot.org is
unreachable.
So i disconnect and redial, now i can see slashdot but another one site
that previously was ok, now is unavailable, and so again...i'm really
sad...=3D(

-all is ok under windows, so it's not an error of my isp, it's the bsd
side that is wrong

I hope that anyone can help me...

Paolo

p.s. apologize me for my bad english