Date:      07 Feb 1997 19:33:33 -0600
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com>
To:        Leonard Chua <lenc@earth.infinetconsulting.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: moused and X11R6

Leonard Chua <lenc@earth.infinetconsulting.com> writes:

> Anybody tried running moused on 2.2-BETA?
> Works beautifully in console mode,
> But when I run X, there seems to be a conflict with X's mouse events.
> One reason may be that I have moused doing 2 button microsoft mode
> and X doing 3 button mode. The mouse cursor at X works fine until I press
> button 3. Then the mouse no longer responds. The rest of X still works.
> A possible fix would be to hack moused to notice an X session and stop
> capturing mouse events then.

I just started running X on my 2.2-ALPHA system (saw too many problems
with the beta version :-).  I noticed about half the time I hit the
right button it pastes a 'd' into whatever application is active.  And
when I hit the middle button, it pastes the 'd' and perhaps that
buffer after the 'd' (depending one where the mouse is).  This is
especially annoying when dealing with scroll-bars and other
applications that take the 'd' key to mean something.

I'm not entirely sure what's wrong, but maybe someone else has
noticed.  The system is running moused, XF86_SVGA, and fvwm (and a
whole boatload of xterms and other applications).

--
Zach Heilig (zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com) | ALL unsolicited commercial email
Support bacteria -- it's the only         | is unwelcome.  I avoid dealing