Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 1999 19:34:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        fenner@research.att.com (Bill Fenner)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, committers@FreeBSD.org, cwt@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Reminder: PORTS FREEZE coming up in 24 hours

> Chuckr fixed the gnuplot port on Sunday, so unless I'm missing
> something this shouldn't be needed.

Your missing something [gnuplot/Makefile:]

BUILD_DEPENDS=  ${LOCALBASE}/lib/libgd-old.a:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/gd-old

The fix was to use the old version of gd, given light of what I just
read on the unisys page I somehow think that gd-old is a dead stick for
any cdrom production.  gnuplot won't build right now with gd due to
missing gif support.  The maintainer may have time to rip out the gif
output type, but I stopped holding my breath 2 weeks ago when this
all got broke with the new gd/png update stuff and slammed the above
into my tree and went on about my life....

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX - (RWG25)                    rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net