Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 1998 01:45:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Configuring PPP

> > >       I was wondering if you'd be able to show me what to type so that my
> > > modem will be recognized by FreeBSD. My modem is a Netcomm Roadster II
> > > 56 Ultra SVD, and Windows95 reports it running on COM Port 3.

	Ok... I use to have a Boca PNP modem set up using PPP. We had to
modify a certain file to to tell ppp what the modem's PNP ID string was,
then recompile the kernal. I suspect that 90% of the questions we're
seeing here are related to the same problem. I don't know what the file
is/would have been... I got a local core team member to help me over that
hurdle. :) I do remeber that the PNP ID strings that were present were
for Supra and USR modems... Perhaps one of you gurus have a clue of what
I'm talking about? :)

					Rick