Date:      Thu, 05 Jan 2006 22:57:51 +0900
From:      NAKAJI Hiroyuki <nakaji@heimat.jp>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with starting xorg after upgrade

> Further addition to this--actually, as long as I remove ~/.Xauthority-l
> and ~/.Xauthority-c, it works.  I don't have to bother removing
> .Xauthority itself.

> Again, I don't know enough about this to understand exactly what is going
> on.  If Nakaji-san tried removing his ~/.Xauthority-c and -l files and
> tried restarting and it works, then perhaps we're onto something.  :)

I tried your suggestion and failed. The result was "I had to press
power button twice". My problem seems different from yours.

I did:

1. Quit all X applications
2. Exit X session (quit fvwm2)
3. Remove ~/.Xauthority and /tmp/.X*
(sync sync syc ...)
4. Run 'startx'
5. no input nor output on both serial console and console, no kbd LED
   and no HDD LED (i.e. no kernel crash dump)
6. Press power button twice (off and on)
7. Wait fsck ...

Is it ok to send PR that "X kills my system, I cannot get any more
information"?

Oh, I recognized only one thing. /tmp/.X11-unix and /tmp/.XIM-unix are
created just before system hangup, but /var/log/Xorg.0.log is not
updated.
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki