Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 1996 11:44:12 GMT+0100
From:      "Kees Jan Koster" <Kees.Koster@nym.sc.philips.com>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SOYO SY-30F2 blues

> > boot -v reveals that both the SCSI and the VGA card use int# a. and
> > occupy the same memory address. This is regardless of the settings I
> > do in the bios (Award modular bios).
>
> The 810 card I have has a hardware jumper to choose between #a - #d.
> My video card (S3) also insists on using #a, so the NCR card is now on
> #b and working well.

No hardware jumper i'm afraid. The only jumper is one to select
"internal bus" or "external bus". What does the S3 card want an
interrupt for anyway, I explicitly disabled all irq assignments in
the BIOS settings.

Groetjes,
  Kees Jan

Plug and Play ...                                        ... play what, the piano?