Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 2008 14:35:23 +0000
From:      Bruce Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
To:        Qing Li <qingli@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova@fbsd.ru>, Kip Macy <kip.macy@gmail.com>, Ian FREISLICH <ianf@clue.co.za>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: arp-v2 has been committed

Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> You can add net/quagga to that list as well.

net/xorp got bit too.

XORP doesn't do anything with the RTF_LLINFO information, so I have
checked in a 2 line fix to the XORP repo.

The ability to turn off ARP, or redirect ARP processing to a userland
daemon, would be interesting -- both for reasons I've given in my
message about MANET impact -- and for the reason that XORP has link
layer capability to support IS-IS and VRRP, it could do ARP too.

thanks,
BMS