Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 23:48:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        MindBomb <gripinc@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: partition

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, MindBomb wrote:

> I have setup an 80 meg partition on my c: with fips 1.5. It does not
> have a file system or anything on it. I boot from my the latest ver. of
> freebsd 2.2.
> I have win95 setup on the other part of my drive(about 250 megs). When i
> begin the novice setup I assume i am supposed to mark the partition as
> freebsd, but am unable to because it tells me it's being used (for what
> i don't know its completely blank and isn't even formated). The only way
> am able to do this is by using the all drive option, wich seems to
> remake my c: drive and destroy the partition. If i do use the all drive
> option win95 will be deleted right? so what do i do? Please help me,
> I've never done this before and I read all that I could find. thank you.

You've probably allocated the entire disk to Windows, even though you
haven't set up any logical partitions.  You'll want to use FIPS or
Partition Magic to resize your extended partition to make this space
completely unallocated.  FIPS is available in the CDROM in /tools.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo