Date:      Wed, 17 May 1995 12:44:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ronald Matuszak <ram@mail.bw.lgca.ohio.gov>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Pine port????

I have recently upgraded from our old 486 running FreeBSD 1.0
to our new 90 mhz pentium running FreeBSD 2.0  :-)

I am <<trying>> to install Pine3.91.   I could not get it
to compile on our old 486 with 1.0   .  So I waited until
The new system was up and running.  I ran the makefile
from the FreeBSD 2.0 cd and it ftp'd the tar.z file and then
after I copied the pine directory from "ports" onto my hard drive
it began to compile.  Pico works great but Pine did not compile at all.

I read something from cdrom.com that said that users of FreeBSD
2.0R or earlyer had to have some sort of new tree installed in
order to make the ports work.  Is this correct.
I am a unix newbie amd have some other newbies helping me and
I wouldmlike to know if I am missing anything to install
Pine3.91  I know it is a pretty vague question... I am willing to
spend all the time needed to make it work.  Can you please let
nme know if the stuff on thye cd is valid or do I need to compile
it some other way.  Thanks for all your help... I only need
to get Pine to work so my boss (a mac only guy)  will get off my
back because he says elm is to hard to use  :-(