Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 21:43:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean-Paul Rees <magic@ulink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrade from 2.2.5 to 3.0-CURRENT

Hello:

	I have a 2.2.5-STABLE machine at work,  with a dual CPU
architecture.  Is it possible to cleanly upgrade from 2.2.5-STABLE to
3.0-CURRENT by just downloading the
ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys

	and write it over the current kernel code,  and just recompile?
I'd like some input,  since I'd like to be able to use the other
processor.

	Also,  I have a copy of BSD/OS 3.1,  and I was wondering if
anybody had any ideas as in the way of benefits of FreeBSD of BSD/OS.
(Please do NOT send flames or bring $$$ in the picture) :>

Thanks!

Sean-Paul Rees - magic@ulink.net
System/Network Administrator -- Ulink Internet Services
916-973-0260 - support@ulink.net - http://www.ulink.net