Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2000 02:14:17 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Aleksandr A.Babaylov" <babolo@links.ru>
To:        andrews@technologist.com (Will Andrews)
Cc:        pcasidy@worldnet.fr, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fetch-list / how to get the list of required distfiles?

Will Andrews writes:
> On Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 01:47:39AM +0400, Aleksandr A.Babaylov wrote:
> > My current 4Gb /usr/ports/distfiles is full.
> > I think not CD but DVD is what you want :-)
> Hehe!  I had 1.3GB of old distfiles in my /usr/ports/distfiles last week
> until I cleaned out all the crufty ones.  :-)
It is MORE comfortably fetch all and and keep as many space as need for it
then sort items by hands and wait for distfile while fetch
when want to build.

> > I use this script (I call it "fetchall") to fetch all distfiles
> > this script must be in you PATH
> Oooh, would you mind if I added it to /usr/ports/Tools/scripts ?
this script is free and you can add it to /usr/ports/Tools/scripts
if you think it is useful enough.
Add
# make fetch for all ports

string please if you add it to /usr/ports/Tools/scripts

You can add "checkall" too:
#!/bin/sh
# make checksum for all ports

dir="/usr/ports"
cd ${dir}
if [ x"$*" = x"" ] ; then
    for j in * ; do
        if [ -d $j  -a x"$j" != x"pkg" -a x"$j" != x"distfiles" -a x"$j" != x"templates" ] ; then
            $0 $j
        fi
    done
else
    for j in "$@" ; do
        (   cd ${dir}/$j
            for i in * ; do
                if [ -d $i -a x"$i" != x"pkg" -a x"$i" != x"CVS" ] ; then
                (
                    cd $i
                    echo $j/$i
                    make checksum
                )
                fi
            done
        )
    done
fi

Note: both scripts use $0 so use absolute path or keep this scripts in $PATH

--
@BABOLO      http://links.ru/