Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 2006 23:51:17 +0100
From:      Nicolas Lallouet <bsd@mokuhi.com>
To:        Ken Easson <apple@justken.net>
Cc:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd 5.4 gnome 2.12 build problems.

Ken Easson wrote:
> Thank you Gary for taking the time to help me.
>
> I got stuck at "try doing ldd on the libraries that are being linked"
> I've never used ldd, i read the man pages, and tried a number of things,
> but i don't know what i'm doing. Would you be kind enough to give me a
> few pointers?
>
> I've looked up fPIC and now that i understand what that does, the
> problem seems more clear - however, i'm still not seeing a solution.
>
> I'm thinking to update the entire system to 6.0 stable, I'm wondering if
> this update could fix my problems during the rebuild, or just compound
> them. any advice?

Hy Ken,

This wont to much... I have the same problem on AMD64 5.4. Since it
appeared (29th Dec 2005), I upgraded to 6.0. This did not change anything!

I am still waiting for some answer. Unfortunately, I don't have much
time try and find a solution.

I did try recompiling libgsf, with no changes. I've already tried
contacting one of the maintainers, but no solutions were found at the
time. Maybe you could contact them, and see how to solve the problem
which seems to be just a compilation issue.

--
Lallouet Nicolas
Epita - SIGL 2007