Date:      Thu, 05 Nov 1998 11:08:42 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USERCONFIG_BOOT, heads up!

> On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Mike Smith wrote:
>
> > Now, to load a userconfig script you must be using the new 3-stage
> > bootloader.  To load a script, either execute this command manually,
> > or insert it in /boot/boot.conf:
> >
> >  'load -t userconfig_script <scriptfile>'
>
> I tried the following:
>
> disklabel -B /dev/wd0s1

What's that for?

> mv /kernel.config /pnp.setup
> echo "load -t userconfig_script pnp.setup" > /boot/boot.conf
>
> However, it doesn't seem that the script is getting executed, as my PNP
> AWE64 isn't being properly set up.
>
> pnp.setup contains:
> USERCONFIG
> pnp 1 0 enable os port0 0x220 port1 0x330 port2 0x388 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5
> pnp 1 1 enable os port0 0x200
> pnp 1 2 enable os port0 0x620 port1 0xa20 port2 0xe20
> quit
>
> Ideas?

Are you running the new loader?  The 'disklabel' command you gave
will have written the old boot1/boot2 out, which don't default to
running the loader.

Incidentally, you should only have to run the above 'pnp' commands once;
they should be saved by 'dset' back into the kernel during the boot
process.