Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 1997 14:55:14 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what magazines do you read? A first summary

Well, I got so many replies that I'm trying to make a summary :-)
**** Ah, yes, the poll is still open! ****

Programming:
    Dr. Dobbs Journal
    C++ Report

Misc stuff, windoze biased:
    Byte

Unix:
    Unix Review
    Sun Expert
    SCO World
    Linux Journal

Embedded systems:
    Circuit Cellar INK

the Bible series: (probably a bit metaphysical ;-)
    Communications of the ACM

foreign OSes:
    MacUser, MacWeek

waiting to be catalogued:
    inter@active
    DNRC Newsletter

"my dreams" magazine:
    poll open!

---

The magazine I'd like should contain articles about: hardware in the
large (eg computer architecture, UPS, RAID, ...), networking (eg NICs,
routers, cabling, ...), interesting OSes (eg embedded systems, Inferno,
Plan 9, ...), case studies of software projects,  ... ah yes, I forgot the
centerfold !!! ;-)

Marco Molteni
Computer Science student at the Universita' di Milano, Italy.
"The time has come", the Walrus said, "to talk of many things".