Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2001 03:09:29 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Akinori MUSHA <knu@iDaemons.org>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@clickarray.com>, FreeBSD-ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: OSREL on bento

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 05:03:35PM +0900, Akinori MUSHA wrote:
> I think I've found a terrible fact!
>=20
> I suspect bento might be building packages with OSREL=3D4.3:

I said this to you on IRC, but just so the rest of the group knows:
bento builds packages on the cluster machines in a chroot populated
with a version of the target OS.  The question is really what version
is being used in the chroot (it should hopefully be 4.4-RC to deal
with ports like lsof which stick their fingers into libkvm and are
therefore dependent on kernel headers being up-to-date).  Things like
uname are global across the system (uname reads a read-only sysctl),
so they're harder to fake, but you could do this by replacing the
uname binary.  Apparently this isn't working correctly for recent
package builds though.

Kris

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s--