Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 1995 16:27:21 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   /usr/ports/japanese created

As people on CVS lists have seen, I just created a new ports hierarchy
"japanese" and moved 4 ports (Canna, Wnn, kterm, nkf) into it.  Let's
pray to the moon god that I didn't screw up anything.

What I did were:

(1) Create new directory by importing ports/japanese/Makefile

(2) Repository copy of 4 ports ("cp -p -r")

(3) Check out old copies, nuke all files except CVS, cvs remove -R,
    cvs commit

(4) Remove references of them from utils/Makefile and x11/Makefile

(5) Move ports in modules

(6) Change references to Wnn/Canna in mule's Makefiles

(7) Add ports_japanese -> ports/japanese in modules

(8) Add japanese to ports/Makefile's SUBDIR list

Is this all?

I think I still need to add something to the "master supfile" (or
whatever the official or unofficial name for it is), I remember
someone complaining not getting graphics et. al last time.  Can anyone
help me on this?

Thank you...by the way, I still haven't heard as much as a tweep on my
you who've forgotten, the question was: should I name the japanese
version of less ports/japanese/less or ports/japanese/jless?

The first looks nicer but sort of violates the "$1 -> ports/$2/$1"
rule in modules as the module names will need "j" in front of them.
If nobody screams in the next couple of days, I'll start importing the
japanese versions with the original name (i.e., less, chimera, etc.).

Satoshi