Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2006 03:16:39 -0500
From:      "Travis H." <solinym@gmail.com>
To:        Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
Cc:        Greg Hennessy <Greg.Hennessy@nviz.net>, freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Reset" Script, Anyone?

Back when NetBSD was using ipfilter, there was a way to simulate
throwing packets at a packet filter.  I wrote a regression test
harness around it, to make sure that a new config file would allow
certain basic operations and prevent a few basic operations, as a kind
of sanity check, before even loading it.

It sure would be nice if pf had something like it.  I suppose with
some preprocessing judo, you could remap the interfaces to some
temporary interface aliases you set up, but that's not a particularly
easy or comprehensive way of testing your rules.  Although I seem to
recall someone suggesting a way to do something similar... anyone have
any suggestions?
Unix "guru" for rent or hire -><- http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/
GPG fingerprint: 9D3F 395A DAC5 5CCC 9066  151D 0A6B 4098 0C55 1484