Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 23:12:56 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Barb problem, FOUND

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:1147: Warning: GOT relocation burb: `__vt$5TNode' should be global

OK.  The problem here is trivial to reproduce.

All of the members of TNode are virtual.  Even the dtor, and it is
specifically inline (which is a major no-no for virtual dtors (and
virtual functions in general) because most compiler give multiple
copies).

This message should really read

"TNode::~TNode is an inline virtual function, and I don't know how to
 cope, so fix the dubious construct in the code, OK"

In the case of tvision 0.3, I see it for each of the classes that have
virtual inline functions, but it reports the wrong function name.

Comments?

Warner