Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:42:12 -0400
From:      "John Straiton" <jsmailing@clickcom.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Pkg_info issue

Greets!
	We had a server that was in bad enough shape after being in
production for a few years that sometimes the simple tests done during a
./configure would core-dump instead of returning. To cure the problem,
we did a mass pkg_delete with the intent of reinstalling everything.
This worked great and the machine is very healthy now. We do however
have 1 issue that sprung up. My pkg_info is screwy. Whereas I'm used to
1 package per line, we have some that are all mushed together, as seen
here:

ImageMagick-5.5.6_1 Image processing tools (interactive
optional--misc/display
XFree86-libraries-4.3.0_5 XFree86-4 libraries and headers
apache+mod_ssl-1.3.27+2.8.14 The Apache 1.3 webserver with SSL/TLS
functionality
aspell-0.50.3_1     Spelling checker with better suggestion logic than
ispell
autoconf-2.53_1     Automatically configure source code on many Un*x
platformsautomake-1.5,1      GNU Standards-compliant Makefile
generatorbash-2.05b.007      The GNU Bourne Again Shellbison-1.75
A parser generator from FSF, (mostly) compatible with Yacc
bzip-0.21           A block-sorting file compressorcclient-2002c1_1,1
Mark Crispin's C-client mail access routinescups-base-1.1.18.0_5 The
Common UNIX Printing System: headers, libs, & daemons
cvsup-16.1h         General network file distribution system optimized
for CVS
expat-1.95.6_1      XML 1.0 parser written in C
fontconfig-2.2.1    An XML-based font configuration API for X Windows
freetds-0.61_1      Sybase/Microsoft TDS protocol library
freetype2-2.1.4_1   A free and portable TrueType font rendering engine

Notice the automake being part of the prior line along with bash-2 ,et
al?  We have about 20 such lines. Any suggestions on how to clean this
up?

John Straiton
Jks @ clickcom.com
Clickcom, Inc