Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:31:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      White Hat <pigskin_referee@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Users Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FTP & CRON Script

This is driving me crazy. I have a small script that I
run from CRON. It is run as a regular user and not as
ROOT, although I have tried it both ways. It uploads
SPAM to the 'knujon.com' site'.

I have created a ~/.netrc file that looks like this:

machine knujon.com
	login user
	password secret

macdef	spam
	put $1
	quit

Now, if I run the following command from the command
prompt, the script works fine.

echo \$ spam spam.zip | ftp -n
ftp://user:secret@knujon.com

The above should all be on one line, although it may
be shown split into two right now.

However, if this is put into a bash script, and run if
from CRON, I receive a mail with this error message:

'spam' macro not found.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I have the $HOME, $SHELL and $PATH variables set in
CRON.

--
White Hat
pigskin_referee@yahoo.com