Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:45:21 -0700
From:      Greg Shenaut <greg@bogslab.ucdavis.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4link800

I'll be traveling in the US and Canada for about two months, and
would like to have reasonably-priced PPP access to my local machine,
through an 800 number.  The one outfit I've found that looks like
it will give me this service is called 4link800 (www.800.4link.net).

Has anyone used this service with FreeBSD's PPP?  How hard was it
to set up?  Also, is their pricing scheme about right?  You buy
hours in advance at a sliding scale of $9/hr for 1-2 hours down to
$6/hr for 11+ hours.  I wish it were less, but that doesn't sound
too bad to me.

I'd welcome any information anyone has on this service, or any
other comparable or better service.

-Greg Shenaut