Date:      Tue, 8 Mar 2005 08:35:38 -0600
From:      Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
To:        "Eugene M. Minkovskii" <emin@mccme.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mutt working throu NFS only in read-only

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 11:37:19AM +0300, Eugene M. Minkovskii wrote:
> Hello, I have some trouble in NFS configure. I need to read mail
> through NFS. So I say on the server:

...snip...

> System: FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p5 (i386) [using ncurses 5.2]

On FreeBSD 5.x you need to run rpc lockd and statd on both the client
and server.  Here's snippets from /etc/rc.conf on my boxes:

client:
nfs_client_enable="YES"
rpc_lockd_enable="YES"          # Run NFS rpc.lockd needed for
rpc_statd_enable="YES"          # Run NFS rpc.statd needed for

server:
nfs_server_flags="-u -n 10"
nfs_server_enable="YES"
rpc_lockd_enable="YES"          # Run NFS rpc.lockd needed for
rpc_statd_enable="YES"          # Run NFS rpc.statd needed for

Implement those changes, reboot (or restart daemons), and you should be
good to go.

--
Regards,
Doug