Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:40:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Daniel Harms <dharms98@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        grog@lemis.com
Subject:   Strange Vinum Problem Was: Vinum recovery procedure

After days of intensive PicoBSD tweaking, I finally
have an MFS kernel which contains enough commands to
create vinum volumes. Unfortunately now I get a
strange problem that makes me think Vinum isn't quite
there yet:

(The text below was manually typed in since I can't
cut and paste from the console... FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE)

# vinum start
 vinum loaded

# vinum lv -r root
V root         State: up    Plexes:   2 Size: 200MB
P root.p0    C State: up    Subdisks: 1 Size: 200MB
P root.p1    C State: up    Subdisks: 1 Size: 200MB
S root.p0.s0   State: up    PO:     0 B Size: 200MB
S root.p0.s1   State: up    PO:     0 B Size: 200MB

# newfs -v /dev/vinum/rroot
   ...blah blah... ok

# fsck /dev/vinum/rroot
   ...ok