Date:      Wed, 09 Dec 1998 10:33:50 +1100
From:      Child <child@interfusion.net.au>
To:        nvp@mediaone.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFW divert and Httpd/proxy errors

At 06:07 PM 12/8/98 -0500, you wrote:

>> Instead of just blocking incoming traffic on port 80 from all other
>> hosts so that my dial in clinents must use a proxy server to web
>> surf, is there a way to redirect there http request to a different
>
>If I understand what you're asking, I think that you can use natd's
>redirect_port to accomplish this.  And of course there are always
>things like 'squid', which you can find in the ports collection.  And
>if you just want a single URL to be redirected, I'd suggest making
>your life easier and just using what Apache gives you in terms of
>proxying and redirection.

no,,,,,thats not what I mean...welll sort of :)

if a client goes to
ANY.host:80/any/url.html:80

www.somehost./someplace.html:80

www.freebsd.org/I/dont/have/proxies/enabled.html:80
when they web surf they visit the host directly becuase they werent using
my squid server
I want them directed back to myserver.net:80 which willl just give them a
page on how to setup proixes

hope this makes things alittle cleaer

Thanks
JS