Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 11:44:35 +0200
From:      Francesco Casadei <fcasadei@inwind.it>
To:        Kevan Olhausen <kevan@solidnet.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I show natd connections?

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 01:48:18PM -0700, Kevan Olhausen wrote:
> I wanted to find out how I might be able to display the connections that
> natd is making, similar to the "ipchains -M -n" command. I just installed
> FreeBSD 4.3 as a firewall for our corporate office and I'm monitoring the
> natd CPU usage through top and watching the source connections through nt=
op
> but I wanted to display source and destination activity. If you could lead
> me to a real-time monitor for this usage it would be more than greatly
> appreciated! Thanks in advance.
>=20
> Kevan
>=20
>=20
>=20
> end of the original message

=46rom natd(8) manpage:

[...]
     -log | -l   Log various aliasing statistics and information to the file
                 /var/log/alias.log.  This file is truncated each time natd=
 is
                 started.
[...]
     -log_denied
                 Log denied incoming packets via syslog(3) (see also
                 -log_facility).

     -log_facility facility_name
                 Use specified log facility when logging information via
                 syslog(3).  Argument facility_name is one of the keywords
                 specified in syslog.conf(5).
[...]
     -verbose | -v
                 Do not call daemon(3) on startup.  Instead, stay attached =
                 the controlling terminal and display all packet alterations
                 to the standard output.  This option should only be used f=
or
                 debugging purposes.
[...]

	Francesco Casadei
--=20
You can download my public key from http://digilander.iol.it/fcasadei/
or retrieve it from a keyserver (pgpkeys.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net, ...)

Key fingerprint is: 1671 9A23 ACB4 520A E7EE  00B0 7EC3 375F 164E B17B

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v--