Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 1995 01:02:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Craig Shrimpton <craigs@venus.os.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing ports (how)

On Sun, 17 Dec 1995, Doug White wrote:

> 'get inn.tar.gz' and it will zip up and download the whole directory.

I guess this was my problem.  My ftp will not do a gzip of a whole
directory for some reason.  I'm using the stock 2.1 ftp.  I did it by
hand and it worked fine.

I must say, as a former Linux user, FreeBSD has a superior software
management and distribution system.  What took me weeks to get right on
Linux only took a couple of hours on FreeBSD!

Keep up the good work and thanks to all that responded.

Craig