Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2001 05:45:01 -0000
From:      "**Restricted Data**" <restricted_data@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   rc.conf

I was recently editing my rc.conf file.  When I added an extra quote by
mistake it caused it to freak out(excuse my tech term ;p).  Because of this
extra quote which it forces me in the /bin/sh.  I am currently running fbsd
4.3rel.  I attempted to boot it in single-user mode but it again gave me the
same error.  If anyone could help me I would luvz0r! you! this was my backup
fs ;/ and it had important data on it kthnx to any help you might give bye.

exact msgs i see
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad2s1a
/etc/rc.conf: 37: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:
#