Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:38:11 -0300
From:      "Joao Carlos" <jcrr@wave-net.com.br>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   No Buffer space avaliable for only ONE IP ADDRESS

    Hi,

I´m having a curious and horrible problem.
I'm running a FreeBSD 4.4-R in a PIII 1.0Ghz 128MB RAM.
This machine acts only as a router with natd.
The problem is that when I ping a determined IP address (for example,
12.12.12.12) that is a certain machine on my network, it gives me a no
buffer space avaliable error.
I changed the ip address to 12.12.12.13 (for example) and it returned to
ping. Some hours later, it started to give the same problem, but the
12.12.12.12 ip address was not, anymore.
I switched back to the 12.12.12.12 ip address and it worked again (note that
during some hours after i change the ip, the old ip continues to give the
problem)
Some hours after, again the problem. I cannot think in anything that can
cause this. MANY other clients are in the same physical network, pinging to
the same NIC and have no trouble. My netstat -m output is very fine:

326/480/10240 mbufs in use (current/peak/max):
        326 mbufs allocated to data
324/460/2560 mbuf clusters in use (current/peak/max)
1040 Kbytes allocated to network (13% of mb_map in use)
0 requests for memory denied
0 requests for memory delayed
0 calls to protocol drain routines

I've already tried to increase NMBCLUSTERS but the problem continues.

I need your help!!!
I don't know if it helps, but the client machine is a Linux. (as every other
client)

Thanks

Joao Carlos