Date:      Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:24:38 -0800
From:      "Karl Agee" <kdagee@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing a linux rpm, wants perl

freebsd 4.11-pre with linux compatibility.

I'm trying to install a linux rpm but I am getting the following errer:

-su-2.05b# rpm -i --ignoreos --root /compat/linux --dbpath /var/lib/rpm
package.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        /usr/bin/perl is needed by package

-su-2.05b# whereis perl
perl: /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/man/man1/perl.1.gz /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl

So I am guessing that compat/linux ought to have perl in /usr/bin.  I tried
making a soft link but that didnt work.

I havent found a port for perl in linux, any ideas how to resolve this?

--Karl