Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:41:36 -0700
From:      prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: internet slowdown

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:36:54 +1200
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz> wrote:

> You do realise that this particular symptom usually points to
> reverse-lookup errors. I would examine your DNS server logs.

i will look, but we are using the same named.conf and zone files as we
did when we had 6.3 where we had no problems like this. also, would
there be such sporadic issues? shouldn't a reverse dns problem be
consistently problematic?

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's