Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 1996 22:29:19 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de (Martin Cracauer)
To:        pst@shockwave.com (Paul Traina)
Cc:        cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xterm termcap definition

>   It seems we agree that the option to quit on first EOF should not be
>   the default on FreeBSD. Another change request :-)
>
> Actually, it should bem when alternate screens aren't available. :-) (barf)

Do you really think so? This would keep FreeBSD's former default for
those who are used to it.

But I think it is better to behave in identical ways for alternate-
and non-alternate screen xterms.

In any case, I think the Exit-on-first-eof option can be bad in that a
user can't scroll back or search after seeing the end of the
document. Since it is easy to customize, I think it is best left to
customization of the user if he/she wants it.

I couldn't tell from your message what you think is the right default:
"Exit on first EOF" or "Exit when next forward-scrolling key is hit while
at EOF"?

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de>