Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:00:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
To:        matthew zeier <matthew@velvet.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dell poweredge 2450 + raid

Unfortunately we purchased a set of the 2400's with the same RAID card
that you are talking about.  It's the PERC2/Si.  It is not supported as of
yet.  The only drivers that are available for it are binary-only drivers
for RedHat.  Since the Dell rep that I talked to when I bought it misled
me into thinking that drivers were available outside of RedHat, I was able
to get Dell to send me replacement RAID cards made by American Megatrends,
which have the same performance as the PERC2/Si and are supported by the
amr driver in FreeBSD.

Good luck!

Robert Simmons
Systems Administrator