Date:      Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:25:49 +0300
From:      Michael Bushkov <bushman@rsu.ru>
To:        Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: nsswitch reviewer wanted

Hello, Ceri!
I'll do all the necessary changes and will send the updated patch to you
and to the lists.

>I hadn't realised that.  I'd be interested to see that patch if you
>still have a copy, as it would answer the question of how much work
>doing such a thing would be.  So far as I'm concerned there is no issue
>leaving that in there, I just wanted to make sure that it hadn't slipped
>in by mistake.

There is a patch for the openssh-portable port here:
http://www.rsu.ru/~bushman/nsswitch_cached/openssh-portable_port.patch

I'll make a patch to the standard openssh distribution to commit it to
the official openssh source-tree and will send you a copy.
Actually, It's not hard to add nsswitch support to the particular
application - we need to find the places in the code, where lookups are
done and substitute them with nsdispatch calls. The old code is
refactored to meet the nsswitch module standards.

>Thanks again for working on this.

I'm really enjoying doing it :)

--
Michael