Date:      Fri, 15 May 2009 10:21:50 +0100 (BST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: -current snapshots and xen kernels

On Fri, 15 May 2009, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> I'm trying to get a xen domU environment working (without a -current box
> locally, i know..) and I suddenly realised how useful it would be if the
> current ISO/install snapshots included the Xen DomU kernel as well as the
> generic kernel.
>
> That way people like me who can build a manual domU environment from scratch
> can do so without needing a -current box to build an updated xen domU.
>
> What do people think?

This was discussed at the devsummit also, and struck many people as a good
idea.  The usual tension, however, is over the amount of free space on the
ISO.  It might be time to drop the UP kernel from our install CD and replace
it with a Xen kernel, and add an install-time option to select the kernel?

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge