Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 2004 02:41:44 +0200
From:      Hasse <hasse@swedehost.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Adam Smith <adam@internode.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Anybody know how to run Skype for Linux on FreeBSD

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 02.05, Adam Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 02:02:42AM +0200, Hasse said:
> > Thx Adam, I'll certainly will do that.
> > Shame on ME ,
> > and my faith in the FreeBSD porters.
> > Offcourse I should have checked the ports first.
> > Didn't even imagine it was allready ported. Found out about the
> > Lin-version today. ( yesterday )
> > Thx again for bringing this to my attension.
>
> A tip that I often use to find something in the ports is to cd to it using
> this method:
>
> cd /usr/ports/*/skype
>
> If there is only one match, you'll end up in the appropriate directory.  If
> there's more than one match in several directories, you'll have to find it
> yourself :)
Thx for the tip.
I usually go to
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html
and search for the ports I'm looking for, but as said, I didn't even dreamed
of this program was allready ported. Thought it was brand a new lin-version.
I've used it before in windows-version.
It's now installed and working as expected, from ports.
But, again thanks for your help and kindness.
/ Hasse.