Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:47:14 -0500
From:      ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        "Kathy Quinlan" <katinka@magestower.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ddclient and Dynamic DNS servers

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 23:32:23 +0800
"Kathy Quinlan" <katinka@magestower.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get ddclient to work.

 Kewl. ddclient is a nice product.

> I use PPPoE for my ADSL link. What I would like to do is to get the
> client to run when PPPoE gets a link up (as my IP would have changed).

 I don't have to worry about a script that runs in that manor.

 I simply set up my PPP and ddclient checks the tun0 device for an IP
change and updates automatically.

 Most likely you need to add:

disable iface-alias

 to your ppp.conf file. That way ddclient will see the IP change. You said
you can get ddclient to work from the command prompt... will it become a
daemon?

gf