Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:39:19 +1000
From:      "Pete" <pete@superamart.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mail server attachment scanner

Salutations,

I'm keen to replace our current NT/Exchange server with a FreeBSD machine,
however I need to be able to scan attachments for viruses and filter out
exe's.  How are other people handling this?  Which mail server do you use?

If I can't get a scanner for FreeBSD, I was thinking of running a cheap mail
server on an NT machine with something like MIMESweeper, and having the
FreeBSD machine as my bastion, passing mail through to the NT machine where
they will be scanned.  Users pick their mail up and send through the NT
machine.  The only problem with this plan is I haven't done anything towards
decreasing the worldwide number of installed NT servers ;-)

Regards,

Pete